Assistant professor 1 (post-doc) at the Department of Neutrino Physics at the Institute of Theoretical Physics at the Faculty of Physics and Astronomy
University of Wroclaw invites applications for the research position of assistant professor 1 (post-doc) at the Department of Neutrino Physics at the Institute of Theoretical Physics at the Faculty of Physics and Astronomy.
Please, send the application until June 27, 2022
No 56.2022.ZFN.WFA of May 20, 2022
Institute/Department: Faculty of Physics and Astronomy
Position: assistant professor (Post-doc position)
Type of position: research position
Research area / discipline: physical sciences
Application deadline: June 27, 2022
Expected contest results: July 1, 2022
Envisaged job starting date: October 1, 2022
Type of contract: full time
Period of employment: 36 monthMonthly salary of 10 000 PLN gross
Applications are invited from those who fulfil the statutory requirements specified in the Higher Education Act from 20th July 2018 (Dz. U. z 2018 r., poz. 1668) and the statutes of the University of Wroclaw.
The candidate is expected to have:
1) PhD in theoretical physics, either nuclear physics or high energy physics.
2) Publications in good scientific journals.
3) Good computer skills, including coding in C++.
4) Good knowledge of English.
5) Ability of work in a team.
Responsibilities at the workplace:
Participation in a NCN OPUS proposal „New ideas in investigation of neutrino interactions” headed by prof. dr. hab. Jan Sobczyk.
It may be possible to join experimental groups T2K and HyperKamiokande studying neutrino oscillations and using results of theoretical research in simulations of neutrino interactions.
In case of further questions please contact project manager prof. dr hab. Jan Sobczyk: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application for the competition should include:
- Curriculum vitae and motivation letter.
- Personal questionnaire of the person applying for employment (PERSONAL DATA FORM-FOR-EMPLOYMENT APPLICANT).
- Photocopy of the diploma confirming obtaining the academic degree of doctor.
- Statement whether the University of Wrocław will be the primary place of work in the case of winning the competition (Workplace statement UWr).
- Declaration of the discipline in which the candidate will conduct research, and in the case of people conducting research in more than one discipline, the percentage of their involvement in each of these disciplines (Scientific discipline declaration UWr).
- Self-presentation (information about scientific, organizational, and other achievements).
- List scientific publications in the last ten years.
- Electronic versions of the two most important publications that the candidate considers representative of his or her scientific achievements, or an explanation of the lack of them, provided that the Chairman of the Committee may expect all or selected scientific publications or other documents to be submitted.
- Two recommendation letters sent by well-known specialists in the area of experimental nuclear physics or solid state physics, provided that these letters are sent by e-mail to the Chairman of the Competition Committee at email@example.com, without the candidate’s mediation and are open only to members of the Committee, and the candidate, by entering the competition, waives the right to access these lists.
CV should include the following note: I consent, within the meaning of Articles 4 and 7 of RODO, i.e. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (Official Journal of the EU L of 4.05.2016, pp. 1-88), to the processing of my personal data by the University of Wrocław, pl. Uniwersytecki 1, 50-137 Wrocław, for the purpose of recruitment for employment at the University of Wrocław. I am aware that the consent given may be withdrawn at any time in a manner appropriate to its giving.
All the documents should be send only in electronic form to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of the message: “assistant professor 1.56. ZFN.WFA”.
- The University of Wrocław reserves the right to contact only selected candidates.
- Selected candidates may be required to undergo an interview by means of electronic communication allowing audio and video transmission.
- The University of Wrocław reserves the right to close the competition without selecting a candidate.
- The University of Wrocław reserves the right to cancel the competition.
- The University of Wrocław does not provide housing.
Information clause for persons participating in the recruitment process:
Pursuant to Article 13 of Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of the European Union of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation, RODO), we inform you that:
- The administrator of your personal data is the University of Wrocław based in Wrocław, pl. Uniwersytecki 1, 50-137 Wrocław, hereinafter referred to as the Administrator.
- The Data Protection Officer at the University of Wrocław is dr Krzysztof Ziemba, email address: email@example.com
- Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of recruitment to work at the University of Wrocław. The legal basis for processing your personal data is Article 22 section1 of the Polish Labour Code, Article 119 of the Higher Education and Science Act and your consent.
- Your personal data will not be made available to other recipients, with the exception of entities with which the controller has entered into appropriate agreements for the entrustment of processing and cases provided for by law.
- Your data will be stored for the duration of the recruitment process, not longer than 12 months from the date of your application.
- You have the right to:
- withdraw consent to the processing of personal data, without affecting the lawfulness of processing carried out on the basis of consent before its withdrawal,
- demand from the Administrator access to their personal data, rectification, erasure or restriction of processing of personal data, data portability, however these rights may be restricted by a specific legal provision,
- make a complaint to the supervisory authority – the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection.
- Providing personal data is voluntary, however, failure to provide data such as: first name(s) and surname, date of birth, place of residence (correspondence address), will result in inability to participate in the recruitment process.
More about the employer:
The University of Wrocław is among the largest and bests Polish universities, teaching more than 250 thousand students and employing about 2000 scientists (https://uni.wroc.pl/en/). The Wrocław city is a large, open and continuously developing city well communicated (airport, railways) with the world (https://www.wroclaw.pl/en/).