Assistant Professor (post-doc) in the Division of Theory of Gravity and Fundamental Interactions at the Institute of Theoretical Physics
University of Wroclaw invites applications for the position of Assistant Professor (post-doc) in the Division of Theory of Gravity and Fundamental Interactions at the Institute of Theoretical Physics.
Please, send applications until June 23, 2022
No 59.2022. ZTGOF.WFA of May 24, 2022
Institute/Department: the Division of Theory of Gravity and Fundamental Interactions at the Institute of Theoretical Physics
Position: assistant professor (post-doc)
Type of position: research
Scientific discipline: physical science
Application deadline: June 23, 2021
Expected contest results: June/July, 2022
Envisaged job starting date: no sooner than July 1, 2022
Type of contract: full time
Contract time: temporary (12 months + 12 month)
The eligible candidates must meet the statutory requirements defined in the Law on Higher Education and Science of 20th July 2018 (JoL 2020, item 85 as amended) and in the Statute of the University of Wrocław.
The division of Theory of Gravity and Fundamental Interactions at the Institute of Theoretical Physics of the University of Wroclaw, invites applications for a post doctoral employment within the OPUS-19 grant “Cosmological perturbations and black hole singularities in loop quantization” (UMO-2020/37/B/ST2/03604), funded by the Polish National Science Centre (NCN). The position is for 12 + 12 months (with the extension for the 2nd year subject to availability of funds and positive evaluation of job performance) to start no sooner than July 1st, 2022.
The division of Theory of Gravity and Fundamental Interactions provides expertise at the forefront of quantum gravity, in particular quantum gravity phenomenology, loop quantum gravty and cosmology, as well as classical black hole theory and gravitational waves. The position is open to candidates from all countries. University of Wrocław is strongly committed to diversity, and we strongly encourage applications from individuals who add to the diversity and inclusiveness at the University of Wrocław.
- The candidate must have obtained a doctoral degree not more than 7 years prior to this employment (can be extended in the case of parental leave for 18 months for each child within this 7 year period), in theoretical physics with specialization in one or more of the following areas: general relativity, quantum mechanics/field theory.
- Furthermore it is desired for the candidate to have high experience in as many as possible of the following areas: loop quantizations in general relativity, black hole theory with focus on gravitational collapse and Hawking radiation, numerical methods in Physics with focus on numerical computations in loop quantum gravity/cosmology or polymeric quantum systems, programming in C++ (including parallel computing).
The successful candidate is expected to actively participate in the research on the emergent quantum matter, cosmological perturbations in loop quantum cosmology / reduced loop quantum gravity and black hole description (within these frameworks).
- Aid in organizing meetings with external experts.
- Aid in creating and editing project homepage and other activities popularizing the results of the project.
- Aid in supervising PhD students participating in the project.
The applications must be submitted complete with:
- A curriculum vitae.
- Cover letter addressed to the Rector of the University of Wrocław.
- An applicant’s personal questionnaire (https://uni.wroc.pl/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/PERSONAL-DATA-FORM-FOR-EMPLOYMENT-APPLICANT_eng.pdf).
- Copy of the PhD diploma.
- A declaration that in the event of obtaining the appointment, the University of Wrocław will be the entrant’s primary place of employment (https://uni.wroc.pl/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Workplace-statement-UWr_eng.pdf).
- Statement of the discipline in which the candidate will do research or, for candidates doing research in more than one discipline, the proportion of each of them in their total research (https://uni.wroc.pl/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Scientific-discipline-declaration-UWr_eng.pdf).
- A personal descriptive account experience explicitly indicating that the candidate meets the requirements listed above, separately addressing the criterion of scholarship, the criterion of internationalisation, the criterion of organisational work and the criterion of teaching.
- Description of research plans.
- List of publications for the last ten years;
- Electronic versions of the candidate’s two most important publications representative of their research, or explanation why they are missing, whereby the Head of the Competition Board reserves the right to request the candidate to submit all or selected publications and/or other documents.
- Two letters of recommendation – the letters are confidential and have to be e-mailed directly to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org (and not transmitted to the candidate)
The Head of the Board reserves the right to request the candidates to deliver copies of additional documents necessary for the assessment of their candidacy.
The CV should include the following note: I consent, within the meaning of Articles 4 and 7 of RODO, i.e. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (Official Journal of the EU L of 4.05.2016, pp. 1-88), to the processing of my personal data by the University of Wrocław, pl. Uniwersytecki 1, 50-137 Wrocław, for the purpose of recruitment for employment at the University of Wrocław. I am aware that the consent given may be withdrawn at any time in a manner appropriate to its giving.
All the documents should be sent only in electronic form to the following address: email@example.com with the subject of the message: “post-doc.59.ZTGOF.WFA.”.
The successful candidate will be chosen in an open competition procedure conducted by a three-person recruitment committee.
- Results of the competition will be made public by placing on the website of the entity in which the research project will be implemented.
- The candidate must not have been employed under a contract of employment at the entity in which the research project is implemented, two years prior to this employment.
- During the period of receiving this remuneration, the candidate would be not employed under another employment contract.
- The University of Wrocław reserves the right to contact only selected candidates.
- Selected candidates may be required to undergo an interview by means of electronic communication allowing audio and video transmission.
- The University of Wrocław reserves the right to close the competition without selecting a candidate.
- The University of Wrocław reserves the right to cancel the competition.
- The University of Wrocław does not provide housing.
Information clause for persons participating in the recruitment process:
Pursuant to Article 13 of Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of the European Union of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation, RODO), we inform you that:
- The administrator of your personal data is the University of Wrocław based in Wrocław, pl. Uniwersytecki 1, 50-137 Wrocław, hereinafter referred to as the Administrator.
- The Data Protection Officer at the University of Wrocław is dr Krzysztof Ziemba, email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of recruitment to work at the University of Wrocław. The legal basis for processing your personal data is Article 22 section1 of the Polish Labour Code, Article 119 of the Higher Education and Science Act and your consent.
- Your personal data will not be made available to other recipients, with the exception of entities with which the controller has entered into appropriate agreements for the entrustment of processing and cases provided for by law.
- Your data will be stored for the duration of the recruitment process, not longer than 12 months from the date of your application.
- You have the right to:
- withdraw consent to the processing of personal data, without affecting the lawfulness of processing carried out on the basis of consent before its withdrawal,
- demand from the Administrator access to their personal data, rectification, erasure or restriction of processing of personal data, data portability, however these rights may be restricted by a specific legal provision,
- make a complaint to the supervisory authority – the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection.
7. Providing personal data is voluntary, however, failure to provide data such as: first name(s) and surname, date of birth, place of residence (correspondence address), will result in inability to participate in the recruitment process.
More about the employer:
The University of Wrocław is among the largest and bests Polish universities, teaching more than 250 thousand students and employing about 2000 scientists (https://uni.wroc.pl/en/). The Wrocław city is a large, open and continuously developing city well communicated (airport, railways) with the world (https://www.wroclaw.pl/en/