On the basis of Announcement No. 37/2021 of the Rector of the University of Wrocław from 22nd March, 2021, regarding additional restrictions due to COVID-19 outbreak status:
- closing of reading rooms located in: the University Library, the libraries of organizational units, and the University of Wrocław Archives;
- withholding of permissions for participation in competitions and training of the University Sports Association of the University of Wrocław.
At the same time, the Rector requires the heads of organizational units to direct their subordinate employees to work remotely, maintaining the requirements for ensuring the efficient functioning of the work of the organizational unit.
Detailed regulations concerning remote work of the employees of the University of Wrocław are set out in Ordinance No. 37/2021 of the Rector of the University of Wrocław from 22nd March, 2021 regarding the principles of functioning of the University of Wrocław in relation to the COVID-19 outbreak, in which:
The current sanitary regime rules are maintained, including wearing masks, frequent hand washing and disinfecting, keeping a social distance of 1.5 meters, measuring temperature before entering UWr buildings.
It is recommended to use electronic circulation of information and documents, in particular to use the possibilities of EZD program as much as possible.
The Ordinance also reiterates the rules of conduct in case of suspected SARS-CoV-2 infection, as well as the rules of organizing events at the University of Wrocław, the procedure of business trips, and the rules of holding meetings of collegial bodies and committees.
Mentioned once more are also the safety rules, applicable in the Student Residence of the University of Wrocław.
ORDINANCE No. 37/2021
of the Rector of the University of Wrocław from 22nd March, 2021
Regarding the rules of functioning of the University of Wrocław in relation of the COVID-19 outbreak
On the basis of art. 23 para. 1 and 2 of the act from 20th July, 2018 – Law on Higher Education and Science (consolidated text: Official Journal of 2021, pos. 478th), in the context of the act from 2nd March, 2020 regarding particular solutions related to prevention, counteraction and combating COVID-19, other infectious diseases and caused by them emergencies (Official Journal 2020 pos. 1356th with subsequent changes) and Regulation of the Council of Ministers from 19th March, 2021 regarding establishment of specific restrictions, orders and prohibitions in relation to the outbreak of the epidemic (Official Journal of 2021, pos. 512th), ordered is the following:
- 1 General principles
- At the University of Wrocław, there is an Epidemic Safety Team consisting of: heads of the Department of Teaching, Department of Student Affairs, Department of Health and Safety as well as Fire Protection, Organizational Department, Department of Defence Affairs, member of the Press Team of the University and representatives of the Student Council and Doctoral Student Council. General Director, or a person appointed by them, is in charge of the current work. Depending on the needs, the head of the Team may turn to other people for support. One of the Vice-Rectors, appointed by the Rector, is also taking part in the works of the Team.
- The aim of the Team is the ongoing monitoring and coordination of operations that safeguard the University in case of an epidemic threat, in particular cyclical analysis of the risks, updating of the internal procedure and adapting them to the current national regulations and the epidemic situation in the country. The head of the Team remains in a direct connection with the Rector and the appointed Vice-Rector.
- All employees, doctoral students, students and third parties present in the building of the University of Wrocław are obliged to to wear face masks.
- Employees of the University of Wrocław performing their professional activities at the buildings and facilities of the University of Wrocław are obliged to cover their mouth and nose with the use of face masks if there is more then one person in the room.
- Everyone present in the building of the University are obliged to frequently wash and disinfect their hands with disinfectants or to wear disposable gloves. Before entering the classroom, each participant of the class is obliged to disinfect heir hands. Disinfectants are provided within the University of Wrocław. Detailed rules of preparing the room during the epidemic of COVID-19 are set out in Attachment No. 1 of this Ordinance.
- Everyone present in the buildings of the University is advised to maintain a safe social distance of 1,5 meters between individuals.
- Every person entering the buildings of the University of Wrocław are subjected to a voluntary, automatic, anonymous temperature measurement. In case of the body temperature reaching over 37,5°C, confirmatory temperature measurement is advised after the passage of 5 minutes. If the body temperature remains above 37,5°C, it is advisable to resign from entering the building and from taking part in the classes or working in the building.
- A person with a confirmed increased temperature, will immediately report electronically the information about resigning from taking part in the classes or working in the building:
- Employees – to their supervisor
- Doctoral students – to the head of the appropriate doctoral study or collegium of a Doctoral School and to their supervisor/student advisor
- Students, students of post-graduate studies, participants of other forms of education and doctoral students in case of classes, to which they attend as listeners – to the appropriate professor
- In the case described in points 7-8 it is recommended to report in due course to a doctor in order to verify the symptoms and receive further instructions on the health condition.
- 2 Organisation of work
- Work of the employees who are not academic professors takes place according to binding them requirements of work while maintaining safe working conditions, having regard to current state of emergency regarding health of the employees and the binding laws defining the rules of performing work.
- It is advisable to introduce solutions which guarantee safety of the employees as well as preservation of operation potential of the administration in case of appearance of cases of infections of employees with the SARS-Cov-2 virus or noting their contact with infected individuals, especially through:
- Transferring to working remotely of the highest number of administration employees of the University of Wrocław, especially the ones over 60 years old or belonging to the risk group, if it is not going to impair the organizational efficiency.
- Selecting individuals and positions, for which it is necessary to keep the stationary mode of work and introducing in this group a division into teams and implementing stationary mode interchangeably with the remote mode of work;
- Dividing employees into teams and locating them in separate room in a way that each team contains people responsible for the safety of all operations carried out in a given unit (especially with maintaining minimum 1,5 meters in between the work stations). In case of a lack of possibility to maintain the distance of 1,5 meters, the head should provide a glass or plexiglass barrier in between the work stations.
- Remote work can be performed if the kind of work allows it and the employee has the skill and technical, as well as spatial, possibility to perform such work. In case of a command to work remotely (model of the command is set out in Attachment No. 2), the head of the unit is obliged to determine the work possible to perform by employees outside of their stationary work place and to supervise the effects of work performed in such mode.
- On command from the supervisor, the employee working remotely is required to conduct a record of the performed duties, including a description of said duties, as well as date and time of their performance in regards to the formula described in Attachment No.3.
- The head of the organizational unit may at any time withdraw the command to work remotely. Individuals working at the territory of the University and remotely, perform their duties during the hours defined by the Work Rules.
- Deans and heads of university-wide units, as well ass other organisational units, are obliged to conduct a list of internal units or positions, which will be required to work remotely or stationery interchangeably with remotely.
- The lists, mentioned in point 6, have to be submitted to the General Director Office.
- The possibility of performing remote work does not apply to organisational units and individuals, whose work is responsible for maintaining the health and safety of the work of member of the University of Wrocław community, as well as for the continuity of functioning of the University and the protection of its estate.
- The employee subjected to a mandatory quarantine can apply to the head of the organisational unit with a request for a consent to perform work remotely during the quarantine. Model of the request is set out in Attachment No. 4.
- Payment for the work performed remotely during the quarantine will be processed on the basis of the employee’s request submitted via the business e-mail, which will be accepted via e-mail by the head of the organisational unit, under the address: firstname.lastname@example.org , no later than the first day of remote work.
- It is advised to introduce the electronic circuit of information and documents, in particular to used the EZD program as much as possible, including financial documents in accordance with the Ordinance No. 149/2020 of the Rector of the University of Wrocław from 4th November, 2020 regarding the circuit and control of the financial documents in the University of Wrocław in the period of the COVID-19 epidemic.
- The circuit of paper documentation in between the units of the University of Wrocław should be limited.
- In order to ensure the communication in between the employees and the processing of official business, the obligation to use electronic means of communication is introduced, especially when sharing documents. For electronic communication one must use their work e-mail, namely @uwr.edu.pl.
On account of the necessity to ensure the safety of the transferred documents, it is forbidden to use one’s private e-mail for work-related communication.
- For ensuring the safety of the employees, deans, heads of the organisational units and the General Director, in regard to their subordinate units, determine the rules for transfer of the paper documents in a way that minimizes the risk of contamination (in particular for this purpose a document management spot must be indicated as the central point for the pick-up of documentation, it is recommended to use a mailbox for contact-less transfer of documentation from doctoral students and students).
- The heads of the organizational units are obliged to organise the work of the unit in a way that guarantees a proper execution of work.
- Academic professors, who want to obtain an electronic employee ID, should submit their requests to the Department of Employee Affairs. Existing IDs remain valid during the suspension of stationary classes at the academic faculties.
- 3 Procedure in case of a suspected infection with the SARS-CoV-2 virus
- Employee, doctoral student, student or a participant of other forms of education is obliged to immediately inform the head of the appropriate organisational unit of the University – of their work place or studies – via telephone, or in a case of a lack of contact via e-mail about their suspected infection with the SARS-CoV-2 virus. Information regarding possible infections of employees, doctoral students and students of the University the heads of the units, as well as the possibly infected, should also report to the e-mail address email@example.com which is operated by the Department of Health and Security and Fire Protection or via telephone at the numbers operated by the workers of the Department (71 375 24 89, 71 375 29 22).
- The employee operating the firstname.lastname@example.org e-mal address should immediately inform about the case of possible infection the head of the unit in which they are employed or in which the possibly infected person studies, as well as the General Director Office and the Rector.
- The head of the organisational unit of the University is obliged to immediately take actions which limit the possible risk of infection of the employees, doctoral students, and students in their unit.
- In case an employee, doctoral student, student or participant of other forms of education develops symptoms indicating infection with the SARS-CoV-2 virus while present at the University of Wrocław, this person should have the possibility to move into a separate room with an access to a bathroom, and in exceptional cases to a place with an ensured distance of minimum 2 meters from other people and contact the POZ doctor.
- When the health condition of the person with SARS-CoV-2 symptoms is deteriorating, an ambulance should be called in order to immediately transfer this person to the nearest isolation ward. The area possibly infected by that person should be cleaned and the surfaces subbjected to touching (doorknobs, handles, handrails) should be disinfected. The head of the faculty or the person administering this building is responsible for this procedure.
- Ina situation described in point 5, the list of people present in the parts of the building where the possibly infected person was moving is compiled.
- When carrying out the preventive operations, one must comply with the procedures described in the ordinance and strictly obey the rules of confidentiality about the employees health condition in the process of communication.
- 4 Events at the University, business trips, meeting of collegial bodies and committees (teams)
- All conferences, events and parties at the University of Wrocław can be implemented, in particular on the basis of the biding Regulation of the Council of Ministers regarding establishment of specific restrictions, orders and prohibitions in relation to the outbreak of the epidemic, GIS guidelines and recommendations regarding the preparation of the rooms of the University (Attachment No. 1).
- The organizer together with the Department of Health and Security and Fire Protection is responsible for ensuring the appropriate condition for the implementation of the event.
- The Department of Health and Security and Fire Protection provides support in the matter of the way of organising the event and proper assurance of epidemic safety equipment (in particular disinfectants, face masks, stands with automatic dispensers and a sensor for measuring the temperature).
- National and international business trips of employees, doctoral students and students of the University of Wrocław are allowed. When making the decision, both the delegating and the submitting of the request should take into account the current epidemic situation in the destination and the current laws enforced in this matter.
- Meetings of the collegial bodies and committees (teams) at the University can be organised in a remote mode, if provided for by law. Secretariat or an appointed person person is responsible for the archiving the documentation of meetings, ensuring the administrative service of an indicated body or committee.
- 5 Graduation ceremony
- Until further notice, the graduation ceremonies for Bachelor, Engineer and Master’s degree are not organised in 2021.
- The graduation ceremonies for Doctor’s degree and habilitations will be organised. In accordance with the GIS guidelines and Department of Health and Safety and Fire Protection guidelines, only the authorities of the University and faculties, the supervisor and the graduates receiving the diploma. Other participants can take part in the ceremony online. The ceremony will be recorded and published on the websites of the corresponding faculties and their social media platforms.
- 6 Student residences and guest rooms in other establishments of the University of Wrocław
- Accommodation of new residents, directed only through the Department of Student Affairs, can take place only in the mode of individual, fixed with the administrative workers of the student residence (via telephone or e-mail) procedures and dates, in accordance with the GIS recommendations, in single rooms. New residents are obliged to file a statement, of which model is in the Attachment No. 5 to this ordinance.
- Accommodations in double rooms are possible only if the epidemic conditions and GIS recommendations allow it and the Rector agrees to it.
- Students accommodated in student residences, as well as individuals accommodated in the guest rooms of the University are particularly obliged to:
- Disinfect their hands when entering the building (dispensers with disinfectants and bilingual instruction should be located in a prominent places at the entrance of the building);
- Limit to the minimum the contact with other residents of student residence;
- Limit their use of public spaces (kitchens, kitchenettes, laundry rooms), frequently air out the rooms and disinfect the surfaces that were touched, including: countertops, light switches, handrails, doorknobs, laundry machine buttons, cooker knobs etc.;
- Keep social distance, in particular refrain from bigger groups and cover your nose and mouth with a face mask when moving around public spaces (hallways, kitchens).
- The head of the student residence or the dean of the faculty where the guest rooms are located determine the restrictions regarding the maximum amount of people which can be present at the same time in public spaces, such as: kitchen, study room, TV room and others.
- Moving between students residences and gathering in the rooms is forbidden.
- The head of the student residence should be contacted in the administrative matters regarding the student residence. I case of guest rooms, the head of the establishment or the person administering the building should be contacted, via telephone or e-mail.
- The procedure of safe leaving of the student residence (check-out) by fixing dates via e-mail or telephone is implemented.
- When out of the student residence, it is advisable to avoid big gatherings of people and maintain particular precaution in public spaces, especially on public transport.
- It is advisable to limit leaving the student residences in between 11pm and 6am, without valid reason.
- Limiting of possibility of residents’ departures to a necessary minimum, resulting from exceptional situation and contingencies, is implemented. In case of a necessary departure it is crucial to inform the administrative workers of the student residence via e-mail, in which the destination and cause for departure is specified. To come back to the student residence, one must file a statement (Attachment No. 5).
- All organisational meetings must be conducted in a remote mode.
- Residents of student residencies or guests staying in guest rooms who develop symptoms indicating COVID-19 infection (temperature above 37,5°C, cough, breathlessness and trouble with breathing, muscle pains and general fatigue, loss of taste and smell) or who had contact with a person who has been diagnosed with SARS-CoV-2, are obliged to immediately report this via telephone or e-mail to the head of the student residence or in case of guest rooms to the appropriate dean and refrain from moving around the public spaces of the building. The head of the student residence or the appointed by them employee (in case of guest rooms the appropriate dean) will notify the eligible subjects information about the existing cases on the basis of rules indicated in § 3 pt. 1 of this ordinance.
- In case of a quarantine of a resident in student residence or a guest room, the head of the student residence or the person administering the building, to the extent possible provides them for the quarantine period with a specially separated room with the access to the bathroom.
- In every student residence, there should be places separated for the individuals on quarantine, if possible in number of at least 5% of the total number of residents. In case of guest rooms occupied by guests, rooms with bathrooms become places for the period of quarantine.
- Detailed way of functioning of student residences and other establishments of the University are regulated by the recommendations regarding the preparation of rooms of the University (Attachment No. 1) and internal instructions prepared by the heads of the units supervising the establishments (Vice-Rector of Student Affairs in the matter of student residences, deans, the heads of non-faculty units, General Director) with the help of persons administering the buildings.
- Visitors are not allowed in student residences and guest rooms.
- It is advised to maintain constant contact with the administration of the student house (via telephone or e-mail)
- Residents are advised to keep track of information regarding the rules of accommodation and safety of stay in student residences and general regulations, recommendations of the Chief Sanitary Inspector and internal regulations in force at the University of Wrocław.
- It is recommended to become acquainted with the information that are on the website https://uni.wroc.pl/covid/ lub https://www.gov.pl/web/koronawirus lub https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/covid-19/country-overviews
- Failure to comply with the above rules and restrictions will be treated as non-compliance with the conditions of accommodation in student residences and will result in deprivation of the right to further residence and the need to immediately check out of the student residence of the University of Wrocław. It should be remembered that failure to comply with the recommendations mentioned above may also lead to criminal liability as referred to in art 116 § 1 of the Code of Offences and art. 161 § 2-3 of the Criminal Code.
- In the case of residents of student residences with a permanent place of residence outside Poland, it is recommended to monitor the epidemic situation in their home country and the extent of restrictions on movement between countries. This information is necessary in order to take appropriate decisions regarding further residence, in case of a possibility of introduction of restrictions in the matter of the crossing borders at the level of regulation in Poland and between individual countries.
- 7 Other establishment of the University of Wrocław
- Establishments of the University of Wrocław:
- University Library
- faculty libraries
- Archive of the University of Wrocław
- Botanical Garden
- museums at the University of Wrocław
- and sport center belonging to the estate of the University of Wrocław
operate on the basis of the existing Regulation of the Council of Ministers regarding establishment of specific restrictions, orders and prohibitions in relation to the outbreak of the epidemic, GIS guidelines and on the basis of instructions created in cooperation with the heads of the establishments or people administering buildings, determining detailed rules of safe conduct in the rooms and the territory of the subordinate units in accordance with the guidelines indicated in Attachment No. 1.
- Instructions mentioned in the para. 1 and 4 have to take into account the currently biding restrictions, orders and prohibitions determined on the law commonly in force in relation to the epidemic outbreak.
- Libraries should provide the broadest possible access to scientific literature, subject to para. 1 and 4. Supervision of the correctness of the regulations of work rules adopted by their heads is entrusted to direct supervisors.
- Department of Health and Safety and Fire Protection runs the register of safety instructions. Individual heads of units are obliged to submit compiled safety instructions in order to enter them into the register.
- The register of internal safety instructions serves as the source of examples to use. Department of Health and Safety and Fire Protection upon request of the head of a unit provides examples of instructions and gives them to use.
- Compiled safety instructions should be published in Polish and in English.
- 8 Protection of personal security materials
- In order to ensure personal security, the University should provide the employees with the possibility of using disinfectants or disposable gloves and face masks, in case it is due to generally applicable law.
- Within the area of the buildings, stands with automatic dispenser and a sensor for temperature measurement should be placed at the entrances in the vicinity of the gatehouse. Everyone entering the University’s buildings should measure their body temperature.
- Within the area of the buildings, at the entrances to the buildings, vending machines with face masks should be place for the anyone who enters to be able to acquire a mask.
- Purchase of personal security equipment (disinfectants, disposable gloves or face masks) is carried out by the Purchasing Department with the financial resources which are available at the Rector’s disposal.
- The need for personal security equipment shall be reported by the head of the unit or the person administering the building to the Purchasing Department, through the Department of Health and Safety and Fire Protection, two weeks in advance and with a number of people who will use them. The Department of Health and Safety and Fire Protection, after the verification of the order, forwards it to the Purchasing Department.
- The Purchasing Department is responsible for the delivery of materials ordered well in advance. In cases of emergency, the employees appointed by the head of the organisational unit collect the assigned personal safety equipment at the location of the Purchasing Department.
- 9 Additional safety measures
- In the case of employees returning from delegations from countries where there has been a significant increase in COVID-19 infections, an employee through their supervisor may request the General Director to finance the costs of the tests for the SARS-CoV-2 antibodies.
- The heads of the establishments or persons administering the buildings are obliged to designate a room for the purpose of isolation. The information about the designation of such room and its location must be forwarded to the Department of Health and Safety and Fire Protection of the University of Wrocław.
- 10 Final provisions
- The Department of Health and Safety and Fire Protection will supervise the appropriate location and installing of the stands with automatic dispenser and a sensor for temperature measurements, as well as vending machines with face masks.
- The employees, students and doctoral students are obliged to familiarize themselves with the current announcements about the sanitary-epidemiological situation.
- In cases of emergency, please contact your direct supervisor or the employee of the Department of Heath and Safety and Fire Protection of the University of Wrocław (71 375 24 89, 71 375 29 22).
- Supervision of the preparation of the instructions referred to in § 7 para. 1 and 4 is carried out by the Department of Health and Safety and Fire Protection. The Department of Health and Safety and Fire Protection exercises control over the preparation of buildings for didactic activities and day-to-day control of the state of safety..
- In all cases not regulated by this ordinance and the ordinance of the Rector of the University of Wrocław regarding the introduction of the Principles of distance learning at the University of Wrocław, responsibility for the proper organisation of work is held by the heads of the organisational units and the chairman of the collegiate bodies and committees(teams) at the University.
- Any regulations regarding the conditions and performance of work and education should be announced by the heads of the units on the websites of the given units, bulletin boards and by sending letters to business e-mails of the employees, doctoral students and students. The instructions referred to in § 7 para. 1 and 4 should be forwarded to the Department of Health and Safety and Fire Protection.
- The head of the Department of Health and Safety and Fire Protection is responsible for periodical review of the implementation of the provisions of this ordinance regarding the epidemic protection of facilities.
- 11 Supervision of the implementation of this ordinance are entrusted to the General Director of the central administration units, deans in relation to facilities and the heads of non-faculty units in relation to the managed units.
- 12 Repealed shall be:
- Ordinance No. 116/2020 of the Rector of the University of Wroclaw from 3rd September, 2020 regarding the principles of functioning of the University of Wrocław in relation to the COVID-19 outbreak;
- Statement of the Rector of the University of Wrocław from 28th September, 2020 regarding the organisation of the work of the Administration of the University of Wrocław during the increased number of SARS-CoV-2 infections;
- Statement of the Rector of the University of Wrocław from 9th October, 2020 regarding the introduction of remote work of the Administration of the University of Wrocław alternating with stationary work;
- Statement of the Rector of the University of Wrocław from 9th October, 2020 regarding the organisation of didactics and other activities of the University of Wrocław during the period of increased sars-cov-2 infections;
- Ordinance No. 150/2020 of the Rector of the University of Wrocław from 6th November, 2020 amending the Ordinance No. 116/2020 of the Rector of the University from 3rd September, 2020 regarding the principles of functioning of the University of Wrocław in relation to the COVID-19 outbreak;
- Statement of the Rector of the University of Wrocław from 6th November, 2020 regarding the organisation of didactics and other activities of the University of Wrocław during the period of increased SARS-CoV-2 infections;
- Statement of the Rector of the University of Wrocław from 30th November, 2020 regarding the introduction of an obligation for employees to cover their mouths and noses when performing professional activities in the buildings and facilities of the University of Wrocław as of 30th November, 2020;
- Statement of the Rector of the University of Wrocław from 20th December, 2020 regarding the organisation of didactics and other activities of the University of Wrocław during the period of increased SARS-CoV-2 infections;
- Statement No. 14/2021 of the Rector of the University of Wrocław from 29th January, 2021 on the organisation of didactics and other activities of the University of Wrocław in the summer semester of the academic year 2020/2021.
- 13 The ordinance enters into force on the date of publication.
Full text and additional attachments below.