This website uses cookies more


Choose one room in the house – one where the whole family can live, preferably a sunny one.

Use the fireplace and wood cookers carefully, keeping an eye on them whenever they are burning.

Make sure the fireplace is working properly.

Never use charcoal to heat your home; charcoal gives off the poisonous gas carbon monoxide.

Dress in layers – including jumpers and coats that are breathable and retain heat longer.

In homes with gas heating, keep vents clear of snow and ice.