LIGHT GARDEN – BOTANICAL GARDEN IN A NEW LIGHT
Starting December 19, during evening hours the alleys of the Botanical Garden, through the use of lights, sounds and lasers, will be transformed into a magical world of Christmas stories, showcasing the architecture of Wrocław and the beauty of the plants from the Garden near Ostrów Tumski. All of that in the program „Light – Does – Wonders”.
The University of Wrocław Botanical Garden invites all enthusiasts of evening strolls, nature lovers, children, youth, their parents and grandparents, as well as people bored of spending long winter evenings at home, to its gardens for a fascinating illumination and amazing laser shows.
– It was a strange and tough year. We’d like to offer ourselves, the citizens of Wrocław and Lower Silesia a bit of relaxation and Christmas magic, at least for a while . A moment to forget about coronavirus and remind yourself that the world we live in can be truly charming. Hence the idea to completely transform the Botanical Garden. It will be a real fairy-tale-like „Secret Garden”. Magically illuminated, full of artists, performers, illusionists. Full of light and sound. A moment before Christmas,during the Christmas-New Year’s and after the New Year– says the head of communication department of the University of Wroclaw, Tomasz Sikora.
On December 19, 20 and from 26, till January 17(except December 31), between 17:00 and 21:00, a part of the garden will be illuminated, while laser linear mappings will be performed on the front facades of the buildings, as well as colorful shows of space lasers.
What will it look like? See the photos from the summer rehearsals:
Among the colorfully illuminated trees and shrubs the street performers of Wrocław will also present their talents.
The garden illumination and light shows will take place between 17:00 and 21:00. The programme includes : A Christmas Tale “Xmas”, Wrocław Street Artists’ Art Arena performing not popular Christmas songs and more, an illusionist, a magician and a fire eater, who can also swallow other inedible objects.
The event will end with a laser linear mapping, a space laser show and other spectacles will be performed on the nearby buildings and churches.
The event will be ticketed:
• Children under 3 – free of charge,
• Children and teenagers under 18 –10PLN,
• Adults –25 PLN,
• Persons with disabilities–15 PLN,
• Wrocław Big Family Card (Karta Dużej Rodziny) -5 PLN for each person
The organizers of the event are the University of Wrocław Botanical Garden in cooperation with the companies Visual Sensation laser shows & technologies and LBL VAPSignify (Philips) –illuminations.
The organizer oblige the visitors of the Garden to follow the rules of maintaining a safe distance and to wear facemasks covering their mouths and nose according to the binding policies.