Scholarships of the President of Wrocław
Our doctoral students are breaking up the scholarship bank of Wrocław. The Mayor of Wrocław awarded a total of 24 scholarships to doctoral students from all Wrocław universities and research institutes running doctoral schools. Students from the University of Wrocław won 14 out of 24 awards.
This year, 175 applications were submitted. The scholarship amounts to PLN 2000 per month that may be received for – maximum – 9 months.
Students of the University of Wrocław have received the following scholarships:
- Ludwik Hirschfeld scholarship in the field of biological and medical sciences – two laureates (Ewa Mazurkiewicz, Justyna Sochacka),
- Hugo Steinhaus scholarship in the field of mathematical sciences – three laureates (Wojciech Janczewski, Karol Pokorski, Szymon Cygan),
- Max Born scholarship in the field of physics and chemistry – three laureates (Valeriya Mykhaylova, Małgorzata Sójka, Magdalena Wierzbicka),
- Wincenty Stys scholarship in the field of humanities and social sciences – three laureates (Marta Kowal, Michał Pieniak, Martyna Świerk),
- Jan Mozrzymas scholarship in the field of interdisciplinary studies – one laureate (Sandra Kozieł),
- Alfred Jahn scholarship in the field of earth and environmental sciences – two laureates (Aleksandra Kolanek, Daniel Buczko).
As the rector of the University of Wrocław stated: We are extremely proud of all of them because all Wrocław universities have great doctoral students and winning the President’s scholarship is not an easy undertaking.
The Student Scholarship Programme is implemented on the initiative of the Mayor of Wrocław and run by the Wroclaw Academic Centre. In the latest edition of the programme, scholarships were granted to 24 doctoral students from Wrocław universities, who demonstrated outstanding achievements in their fields of science. The Scholarship Committees also decided to award as many as 33 doctoral students. Here is the full list from the Wrocław Academic Centre!
The scholarships are financed by the Wrocław Municipality. For the current edition of the Programme for doctoral students, the amount of PLN 432,000 was assigned.
Applications in 8 categories are evaluated by Scholarship Committees, to which the Mayor of Wrocław invited recognised authorities associated with the Wrocław scientific community. In evaluating applications, outstanding achievements of doctoral students are taken into account. Below we present those categories in which students of the University of Wrocław were awarded:
- Ludwik Hirschfeld scholarship in the field of biological and medical sciences
2. Hugo Steinhaus scholarship in the field of mathematical sciences
3. Max Born scholarship in the field of physics and chemistry
4. Wincenty Stys scholarship in the field of humanities and social sciences
5. Jan Mozrzymas scholarship in the field of interdisciplinary studies
6. Alfred Jahn scholarship in the field of earth and environmental sciences