COMPETITION FOR THE CREATION OF INCUBATORS OF SCIENTIFIC EXCELLENCE! The competition for the founding of Incubators of Scientific Excellence within the programme Excellence Initiative – Research University starts on 8th February at the University of Wrocław.
As a result of the competition, 8 Incubators of Scientific Excellence – research teams will be established, whose aim will be:
1) measurably increasing scientific achievements in research areas that have less international recognition on the scale of the University of Wrocław;
2) creation of new research teams;
3) initiation of new research or giving new quality to existing fields;
4) stimulating scientific activity within related disciplines and achieving certain publication rates and success in gaining funds from external sources.
The competition is intended for individuals/research teams who are employees of the University of Wrocław, as well as individuals/research teams from outside the University with a realistic vision of achieving a high level of conducted research, including the internationalisation of its results during the task. It is also important to indicate research perspectives for the University of Wrocław after the end of the project.
In Incubators of Scientific Excellence will be employed persons who have a doctoral degree received within a period not longer than 7 years.
The above period does not include the time spent on maternity leave, leave on maternity leave conditions, paternity leave or parental leave.Nor do they include periods of maternity benefit or parental benefit, or periods of sickness or rehabilitation benefit due to inability to work, including those caused by illness requiring medical rehabilitation.
To participate in the competition, an application must be submitted in English (details and application in the documents below). The application along with a scan of the page containing the applicant’s signature should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, message title: “IDN 2020/ ACRONYM”. There are three stages of evaluation planned – including an oral presentation.
The deadline for submitting applications for the launch of the Incubator of Scientific Excellence is 45 days from the date of the call announcement, that is from 8 February 2021 to 24 March 2021.
It is planned to establish at least one Incubator of Scientific Excellence in each of the three fields of science traditionally practised at universities: sciences and natural sciences, humanities and social sciences.
The winners of the competition are designated by the Rector no later than 60 days from the closing date of the call for applications, based on a ranking list created by the Competition Commission.
The incubators of scientific excellence selected as a result of the competition will operate in the years 2021-2025 and will be financed for this period.
ANNOUNCEMENT of the Rector of the University of Wrocław of 5 February 2021 on the call for applications and schedule of the competition for the creation of Scientific Excellence Incubators under the Excellence Initiative – Research University programme
Pursuant to the Rules of Procedure of the competition for the creation of Scientific Excellence Incubators under the Excellence Initiative – Research University programme introduced by Ordinance No. 17/2021 of 5 February 2021 I announce the call for applications and schedule of the competition for the creation of the Scientific Excellence Incubators.
- Participation in the competition is conditional upon the submission of a PDF application via e-mail, according to a template specified in Annex No. 1 to the Rules of Procedure of the Competition for the Creation of Scientific Excellence Incubators. All fields must be filled in, and the application should be given an acronym.
- The application must be submitted in English. Additionally, it may also be submitted in Polish.
- The application along with a scan of the page bearing the applicant’s signature should be sent to: email@example.com, title: „IDN 2020/ ACRONYM”).
Schedule of the competition for the creation of Scientific Excellence Incubators
- Deadline for the submission of applications to establish a Scientific Excellence Incubator – 45 days from the date the call for applications was announced – 02-24.03.2021
- Phases of evaluation:
- 1st phase – within 14 days following the deadline for the submission of applications, that is 03.2021 – 7.04.2021 – internal assessment in formal terms and preliminary substantive assessment of the submitted applications by the Selection Board.
- 2nd phase – within 21 days following the date of the completion of the 1st phase, that is 04.2021 – 28.04.2021 – substantive assessment of the submitted applications by experts appointed by the Rector and establishment, on the basis of their recommendations, of a ranking list, as well as the identification of projects qualified for the 3rd phase.
- 3rd phase – within 21 days following the date of completion of the 2nd phase, that is 29.04.2021 – 19.05.2021. – oral presentation before the Selection Board, with possible participation of invited external experts, preparing the ranking list for the Rector.
- The Rector’s announcement on the competition beneficiaries shall take place no later than 60 days following the closure of the call for applications.