The organisation of teaching to 23 February 2021
of the Rector of the University of Wroclaw
of 20 December 2020
on the organisation of teaching and other activities of the University of Wrocław during the period of the increased number of SARS-CoV-2 virus infections
In view of the continuing threat of SARS-CoV2 infection in Poland and the regulations in force to protect against the spread of the epidemic throughout Poland, in order to ensure the safety of the employees, doctoral students and students of the University of Wrocław as well as to maintain the highest quality of education, in the period from 1 January 2021 to 23 February 2021 the Rector orders as follows:
- the mode of teaching classes, the functioning of the collective bodies of the University of Wrocław and the rules of work of the University’s administration shall be maintained, as provided for in the following documents:
- Announcement of the Rector of the University of Wrocław of 19 October 2020, points 1-2 and 4-5,
- Announcement of the Rector of the University of Wrocław of 6 November 2020, points 3-6,
- Announcement of the Rector of the University of Wrocław of 30 November 2020, points 1-2;
- it is allowed to conduct training sessions of the section of the Academic Sports Association (AZS) of the University of Wrocław, only for individuals practising sports within the framework of sports competition if it is allowed by higher-level regulations. Training may take place in the sports buildings of a higher education institution, ensuring the epidemic safety of participants, with the consent of the Vice-Rector for Students’ Affairs. The consent may apply to sections preparing to compete in specific competitions or sports competitions. The competent section supervisor shall submit an application which indicates the necessity of undertaking the training due to participation in sports competition, specifies the specific sports competitions or competition in which the section players will participate, the type of activities and their place, safety conditions to be applied during the training, agreed with the Occupational Health and Safety Department. The application shall be accompanied by a list of students and coaches participating in the activities. We would like to remind that the individuals participating in sports activities or sporting event and using a sports facility or equipment are obliged to disinfect their hands while entering and leaving the facility, sporting event or sporting activities. Social distance must be kept;
- during the period of the application of the law excluding the meetings of more than five people or locating the City of Wrocław in the red zone, the remote form of administering final tests and exams for classes conducted remotely or using remote communication is introduced. The classroom mode of administering final tests may be used in the case of practical classes conducted in the classroom form until the time of the final test or examination;
- in the case of locating the city of Wrocław in a zone with a lower risk of infection than the red zone, it is allowed to conduct examinations and final tests in the classroom form. This requires the approval of the dean, who is responsible for ensuring that the conditions for administering final tests and examinations in the classroom mode are safe and agreed with the Occupational Health and Safety Department as well as with the Fire Protection Department of the University of Wrocław;
- remote internships are recommended if it allows for the achievement of the expected learning outcomes. The form of the organisation of internships should be appropriately documented in terms of the achievement of learning outcomes;
- in the event of transferring the organisation of internships or other teaching activities which, due to the state of the epidemic and the impossibility of achieving learning outcomes, could not take place in the winter semester of the academic year 2020/2021, to the next semester or academic year, the faculty council, pursuant to § 35 of the Regulations for Studies at the University of Wrocław (Resolution no. 94/2019 of the Senate of the University of Wrocław of 22 May 2019, as amended) may additionally determine the minimum conditions for the completion of a semester (year), including the minimum number of ECTS credits and the permissible total deficit of ECTS credits which are the basis for the completion of a semester (year).
Deans of faculties, heads of institutes and chairs as well as heads of general university units carrying out teaching activities are recommended to prepare for the organisation of teaching courses, including timetables for the summer semester of the academic year 2020/2021 according to the principles provided for above.
Detailed regulations concerning the organisation of the summer semester, taking into account the current state of the epidemic in the country, will be published no later than on 31 January 2021.
It is recommended that timetables for the summer semester of the academic year 2020/2021 be prepared in such a way that a gradual return to hybrid and classroom-based education is possible as vaccination progresses and the number of infections decreases.
prof. dr hab. Przemysław Wiszewski
R E C T O R