The World Congress of Polonists 2021
In 2021, the most important Polish language and culture event of the year will take place at the University of Wrocław! Our Institute of Polish Studies invites you to participate in the 7th World Congress of Polonists, which shall be held between 20 and 23 October under the slogan “World Polish Studies – Archives and Modernity”. The applications shall be accepted until 30 April.
The main theme of the Congress will concern using archives – including modern digital archives – in research, as well as multilingualism, migration, and translation into foreign languages.
- secret, declassified, private and missing, lost and unavailable archives
- literary and linguistic archives as cultural heritage
- digital resources as the source of research materials (e.g. spoken and written texts)
- protection of material cultural heritage
- modern Polish studies and the culture of remembrance
- Polish language in the context of bilingualism and multilingualism
- polonica around the world – their description and characteristics as the source of knowledge on the Polish culture
- history of the centres of Polish studies around the world – their creators, directions, and research schools
- teaching Polish as a foreign language
- Polish of migrant generations – losing and reclaiming Polish on emigration
- promotion and popularisation of the Polish language and culture
- translation and reception mechanisms