WE OPEN THE MUSUEM OF THE UNIVERSITY OF WROCŁAW!
Great news! As of 4 February, after the break caused by the pandemic, we open our Museum of the University of Wrocław and it will be once again available to visitors! The Museum is situated in the main building of the University, located at plac Uniwersytecki 1. We would like to invite each and every citizen of Wrocław as well as all tourists visiting our city and of course students, in this short moment of rest between exams, to come to the Museum!
Oratorium Marianum, the Mathematical Tower along with the observation deck and exhibition rooms (Roman Longchamps de Bérier Room, Stefan Banach Room and Pod Filarem Room) can be visited every day, excluding Wednesdays, between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. All guests are asked to wear masks inside the Museum and to follow the rule that only 15 people can be in one room at once. Additionally, all visitors must remember to stay 1,5-2 meters apart from each other. Moreover, we encourage all guests to use the hand sanitizers, which can be found on the tables next to each exhibition room.
Unfortunately, Aula Leopoldinum, the only room in this part of Europe, with the original Baroque interior design, is not available to guests. The room is still renovated.
Tickets are required for admission, ticket prices can be checked here.
(We would like to remind our students, employees and doctoral candidates that they do not need to pay any entrance fee and can visit the Museum for free!)
The Museum of the University of Wrocław was established in 1992, since then it presents the long history of the University, which started in 1702 and continues to this day. The museum includes several attractions: Aula Leopoldinum, Oratorium Marianum, Mathematical Tower and exhibition rooms. The museum gathers and exhibits all items connected with the University. Those items involve furniture, historic equipment, scientific instruments in addition to all archive materials related to the University and its people. Among the most intriguing exhibits, we can find Rector’s sceptres from 1702 and the ones of the Faculty of Philosophy and Theology as well as the Rector’s attire from the second half of the 18th century. Furthermore, worth seeing are also the astrolabe from the 14th century, the sky globe from 1699, analemmatic sundial from the 18th century and Galileo’s compasses from 1665.