Webinar “Future competences of students and the pandemic experience”
Competences of the future is an issue which is being discussed by the most important institutions and people from the world of academia, business and politics. The topic is also becoming increasingly popular among young people, who are directly interested, not only in obtaining the relevant knowledge and skills, but also competencies that will allow them to find their way in the professional life. The webinar “Competences of the future students and the experience of a pandemic” is an event that will bring together representatives of universities, students, the economy, as well as central government institutions.
During the webinar, organised by the Institute of Banking in Warsaw as part of the “Active Student” project, participants will have the opportunity to listen to individual speeches by experts as well as to take active part in debates among representatives of key groups of the academic community. The organisers of the event have ensured that participants will be able to learn a broad perspective on issues concerning the competences of the future and pandemic experiences, both now and in the near future.
The invited experts will present the perspective of higher education in Europe, solutions for shaping competences of the future in today’s world, as well as challenges, threats and opportunities facing Polish universities and the economy. Representatives of rectors, lecturers and students will discuss issues of key importance for particular groups of recipients. Rectors will discuss systemic solutions concerning the education of young people for the needs of science, economy and society. Lecturers will consider the opportunities offered by remote learning and solutions which can minimise the negative impact of this form of teaching. Student representatives will talk about students and studies of the future in terms of opportunities and limitations that can be defined through the experience of studying in the coronavirus period.
The event is co-organised by the Polish Students’ Parliament, under the patronage of the Conference of Rectors of Academic Schools in Poland (CRASP). Partners of the event are Polish Academic and Economic Forum and Modern Business Management Programme.
Guests of the webinar:
- Justyna Orłowska – Pełnomocnik Ministra Edukacji i Nauki ds. transformacji cyfrowej,
- prof. dr hab. Marcin Pałys – Członek Zarządu European University Association,
- prof. dr hab. Grzegorz Mazurek – Rektor Akademii Leona Koźmińskiego w Warszawie,
- dr hab. Piotr Wachowiak, prof. SGH – Rektor Szkoły Głównej Handlowej w Warszawie,
- prof. dr hab. inż. Krzysztof Zaremba – Rektor Politechniki Warszawskiej,
- dr Piotr Majewski – wykładowca Wyższej Szkoły Bankowej w Toruniu,
- dr Mateusz Folwarski – Zastępca Dyrektora Instytutu Finansów, wykładowca Uniwersytetu Ekonomicznego w Krakowie,
- dr Tatiana Kożak-Siara – Dyrektor Instytutu Ekonomii i Zarządzania, wykładowczyni Państwowej Wyższej Szkoły Techniczno-Ekonomicznej w Jarosławiu,
- Krzysztof Pietraszkiewicz – Prezes Zarządu Polskiego Forum Akademicko-Gospodarczego,
- Kacper Krotecki – przedstawiciel Forum Uczelni Ekonomicznych,
- Mateusz Saniewski – przedstawiciel Parlamentu Studentów RP,
- Ewa Staruch – Przewodnicząca Forum Uniwersytetów Polskich,
- Jakub Stefaniak – Wiceprzewodniczący Komisji Wyższego Szkolnictwa Medycznego.
On behalf of the organiser Michał Polak – Deputy Chairman of the Board and on behalf of the co-organiser Mateusz Grochowski – President of the Student Parliament of the Republic of Poland will deliver a speech.
We encourage to read the agenda and to register at www.wib.org.pl/webinarium.
Participation in the event is free, registration lasts until 1 December 2021.
The webinar is part of the project “Active Student”, organised thanks to the co-financing of the Ministry of Education and Science from the commissioned task “Organising and animating activities for the academic community”.
You are warmly welcome!